Budget 2011 lays the foundation for building a better Alberta by maintaining government’s commitment to preserving priority programs and investing in infrastructure, while holding the line on spending.
Budget 2011 is a practical, responsible budget that maintains fiscal discipline while preserving and enhancing priority programs that Albertans value most - like health, education and supports for Albertans in need.
Budget 2011 positions Alberta for the future, sticking to the government’s four-point plan that saw the province through the recession. The plan includes:
- Preserving health care, education and other priority programs;
- Protecting jobs and building for the future by investing in infrastructure;
- Guarding the province’s fiscal position by managing our spending; and
- Enhancing our competitiveness.
Read the budget news release (February 24, 2011):
- Budget 2011 lays the foundation to build a better Alberta
- More news releases, charts and graphs.
Please note: visit the Alberta Finance website for Quarterly Budget Updates.